Who We Are:
At M Booth, we are a culture-first communications agency that attracts the best people and the best brands to a workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect, and humanity. We are relentlessly passionate about our clients and their business, whether that means staying at the forefront of the digital and social evolution, sharpening our earned storytelling skills, or unleashing game-changing insights that result in campaigns that win in the marketplace.
We are a hybrid workforce and believe that inspiration, relevance, and leadership are about how you do it, not where you do it from. We encourage all our employees to “Be IRL” – this code stands for being Inspired Relevant Leaders. Now, more than ever, our interactions and our relationships are mission critical to our community and our success. They build a culture that enables all of us to do great things and grow together. We invite you into our world of creativity, ideation, and communication. Come Be Inspired…come work with us at M Booth.
We are looking for an Account Director to lead work on one of the world’s premiere brands–Google.
This AD will help oversee all earned, consumer PR across the Google portfolio including hardware launches, data-driven storytelling for Search and Maps, executive profile feature stories, and more. In addition, this work will span the YouTube business, helping to highlight the “only on YouTube” experiences, creator economy narratives, and profiling the amazing content creators across the platform. This Account Director will oversee the success of all client programming including conceptualizing and activating media events, developing consumer earned media strategy, maintaining budgets/staffing, and coordinating executive thought leadership programming. In addition, the Account Director will be well versed in consumer media, maintain a list of strong media contacts, and secure feature stories on behalf of clients. The Account Director will be responsible for managing and mentoring the account team of mid-level and junior staff, as well as providing client counsel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in consumer earned media storytelling, campaigns, and programs.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports.
- Passionate about Google and YouTube.
- Versed in Google Workspace (e.g., Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Presentation, Google Docs).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to build collaborative partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to translate data into compelling narratives and trends.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop quarterly, PR plans including creative storytelling, thought leadership ideation, event conceptualization, media mailer development, and/or speaking engagements.
- Manage and mentor a team of 7 mid-level and junior staff.
- Oversee earned media outreach and pitching, building and nurturing relationships with consumer press, consumer tech press, key newsletters, and broadcast media.
- Generate consistent high-value, high-quality media opportunities for executives and creators.
- Pitch and place stories on specific product announcements, brand initiatives, data, and announcements.
- Draft recommendations and develop presentations.
- Identify new areas of opportunity to drive positive earned media for clients through all available channels.
What We’ll Bring:
Here are a few highlights of the benefits we offer at M Booth:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, and Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location: Remote or in the New York office
If you plan on working remotely, we can accept applicants from the following states:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington D.C.