Who We Are:
M Booth is a PRovoke top 10 agency of the decade. We are relentlessly passionate about our clients and the work. We are storytellers, data-driven insights hounds, digital and social evolution warriors, and more. We are a culture-first communications agency that attracts the best people and the best brands to a workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity.
M Booth’s specialty Social Impact practice helps brands & organizations articulate their purpose and tell stories of their impact. We work with clients to create campaigns that drive attention to the issues that they care about – from the environment to racial and gender equity to human rights – and elevate their experts as thought leaders in the process.
Our team of marketing and communications experts includes veteran science, policy and advocacy leaders in the U.S. and around the world who bring passion, creativity and diverse perspectives to help our clients achieve their vision of a healthier, just and more equitable planet.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a new member of our Senior Leadership Team who will help lead and guide the agency’s expanding work in Social Impact, specifically around issues related to the climate crisis. You’ll deepen and expand our ability to counsel our marketing communications and public affairs clients on strategies and programs that demonstrate their commitment to making a positive impact on the environment.
We seek candidates with strong backgrounds in marketing communications with an emphasis on environmental issues and sustainability, and an understanding of the intersection of those issues with equity, health, food, and more.
What You'll Do:
Senior Counselor - Help clients and in-house teams develop innovative, effective programs and marketing strategies related to environmental impact. Counsel clients and teams on messaging to ensure authentic strategies. Help clients demonstrate their commitment to climate response with all stakeholders. Provide climate-related issues management and partner with the Issues/Crisis team on any crisis counsel.
Business development – Develop successful relationships that result in new and expanded client engagements. Proactively contribute to growth of clients through innovative and value-added ideas that clients buy. Secure new clients of all types, depending on the individual’s expertise and connections. Actively network within the industry to identify and create potential leads, contacts and opportunities for the business.
Capabilities development -- Build out the agency’s social impact resources and capabilities in partnership with M Booth’s Managing Director/Strategy and M Booth Health’s Senior Leadership, identifying resource and training needs.
Agency leadership – Help set direction and champion organizational change across the business related to climate, and advance the agency’s business plan. Problem solve, add value, and provide strategic agency-wide leadership on sustainability. Contribute to meeting agency targets for revenue growth of profitability.
Thought Leadership - As a member of the senior leadership team, participate in and plan proactive thought leadership activities that raise the profile and build the reputation of the agency as expert in climate response, helping to attract both clients and talent.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 10-12 years of marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience in environment/climate communications – government, agency, non-profit, medical, or corporate positions -- familiarity with science, policy, advocacy, and/or regulatory environments
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results.
- Stellar communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Self-starter, collaborative, solution-oriented, and an agent of change
- Willing to both set strategy, and implement as needed
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and add value by translating into strategic processes
What We’ll Bring
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings as an M Boother:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.