Who We Are
At M Booth, we are a culture-first communications agency that attracts the best people and the best brands to a workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity. We are relentlessly passionate about our clients and their business, whether that means staying at the forefront of the digital and social evolution, sharpening our earned storytelling skills or unleashing game-changing insights that result in campaigns that win in the marketplace. We invite you into our world of creativity, ideation, and communication. Come Be Inspired...Come work with us at M Booth.
A few things to know before applying
M Booth has an immediate opportunity for an Art Director to join our growing Creative team. A few things to know before applying:
- Team is everything. We pride ourselves on being humble. If you like being part of a supportive and selfless group of people, there’s a good chance you’ll be a fit.
- Intellectual curiosity is rewarded. If you love to read, consume media, tinker or make cool things, we’d love to chat.
- We take our jobs very seriously, but we do not take ourselves very seriously.
- Currently the agency is working remotely, so you must have the ability to work from home until we open back up.
What You’ll Do
As an Art Director on the creative team at M Booth, you’ll be a key senior member who is inspired in the areas of creative thinking and design. Your experience varies and you can dive into all sides of the creative process – from brainstorming concepts to creating polished executions. You’re able to balance both independent and collaborative projects, bouncing from bigger picture tasks to your day-to-day to-dos. Although you are at home with various mediums, illustration and design ranks high on your list.
There are no creative “lone wolves” on our team. As an Art Director, you look forward to guiding and mentoring the team and fostering a collaborative work environment. Communication is key: Art Directors are direct and proactive in speaking up and giving input. You have a proactive mindset in finding ways to help build and improve our team as we continue to grow.
Overall, Art Directors are responsible for the creative and design of projects. You’ll lead and guide designers, while working closely with clients. We’re looking for someone with a personality and experience that will be a great addition to what we currently have and who’s also inspired to grow along with us!
Art Director duties:
- Lead and oversee a number of clients and brands. Know the brand inside and out
- Provide creative oversight on client social, digital, print, and creative type projects
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills that enable you to convey ideas or provide critiques clearly and concisely
- Be prepared to be hands-on, when needed, to create. Examples include: illustrations, layouts, comps, storyboards, presentations, etc.
- Lead brainstorms and creative sessions with the team and with clients
- Put together concept ideas and creative solutions. Clearly articulate the ideas to the team and clients. Examples include: writing, moodboards, and/or sketches.
- Develop visual directions and scalable design guidelines for campaigns.
- Have a comfortable understanding of different areas of creative and design. Be open to learning new and innovative areas of the industry to further push the creative
- Be inspired by and passionate about doing top-notch work
- Mentor and guide team members in achieving their professional goals
- Help build comradery on your team while fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and creative environment
- Participate in internal senior meetings, updating the team on statuses
- Guide other teams on creative processes and best practices
- Find ways to improve processes and development, as we continue to grow
- Work with team members on project admin duties, such as timelines, scope, planning, etc.
- Stay current on creative trends, social media visual guidelines and specs, digital design, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years' of relevant work experience, with a strong background in design
- Management or lead experience a plus
- Portfolio examples of advertising, design, social content work
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (After Effects/XD/Sketch//Figma/Premiere are a plus)
- Google Apps Suite (Docs, Slides, etc)
- An understanding and general knowledge of different types of creative mediums (illustration, animation, photo editing, etc)
- Nice to have but not required: animation, copywriting, and/or UI/UX design
- We’re looking for people who can add to our team -- not just “fit in”. If you have additional skills or experiences not listed in this job description that you could bring to our team, we’d love to hear about them!
What We’ll Bring
Here are a few highlights of our benefits offerings as an M Boother:
- A workplace that’s alive with courage, ideas, respect and humanity
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- A 401(k) Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid holidays, Unlimited Paid Time Off (Personal, Sick, Vacation), and Summer Fridays
- Additional Perks: Family Leave, Well-Being Programs, & Commuter Benefits
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.