M Booth, an award-winning integrated communications agency, has an immediate opportunity for a Media Relations/Senior Media Relations Specialist to join our rapidly growing Lifestyle Team (Spirits). We are a work-hard play-hard team from a variety of professional backgrounds. We believe in creativity, being nimble, moving quickly to capitalize on opportunities and delivering exceptional work to our clients. A successful candidate will be hungry to learn and grow in the Lifestyle space (wine & spirits), supporting breakthrough press efforts on a team that blends digital expertise with a robust influencer and PR discipline.
Some things to know about us:
- Team is everything. We pride ourselves on being ego-less (or close to it). If you like being part of a supportive and selfless group of people, there’s a good chance you’ll be a fit.
- Intellectual curiosity is rewarded, even more than raw intelligence. If you love to read, consume media, do cool things, we’d love to chat.
- We take our jobs very seriously, but we do not take ourselves very seriously. If you do not have a sense of humor, please don’t apply.
The job requires:
- A tenacious, bulldog approach to generating press, with 4-6 years of experience pitching media day-in-day-out
- Exceptional understanding of the lifestyle media landscape with exceptional network of media contacts (luxury, nice to have)
- Day-to-day outreach driving breakthrough feature coverage for marque clients (from national broadcast to wide-reaching digital outlets)
- Drives significant media relations activities; sells in variety/diversity of pitches and stories on behalf of client brands
- Thinks holistically about client’s business; proactively and consistently brings ideas, pitch angles and new opportunities
- Counsel clients on effective earned media strategies
- Partner with colleagues in other departments when necessary to develop and execute multi-channel media strategies
- Ability to mentor and manage team
- Proven ability to effectively organize multiple deadlines across accounts and teams
- Advanced writing, editing, research ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Candidates have finger on the pulse of culture and lifestyle news
- Trains third party spokespeople
- Edits media materials and documents
- Identifies, negotiates, and supervises activities of spokespeople
- Grows and maintains key media contacts
- Proficient in using social channels to monitor editorial contacts’ social media posts/content for pitch ideas and insights
- Creates and maintains social media editor list and can secure coverage for clients on editorial social channels (Facebook LIVE, Snapchat Instagram); shares new opportunities with agency and maintains relationships on behalf of agency
- Directs team on monitoring social media trends to help frame stories
M Booth & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.