About Maze Therapeutics
Maze Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company that is harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients, with a focus on genetically informed therapies for common diseases such as chronic kidney disease. Maze applies variant functionalization in tandem with advanced data science methods and a robust suite of research and development capabilities to advance a pipeline of novel precision medicines. Maze has developed the Maze Compass Platform TM, a proprietary, purpose-built platform to understand and integrate the critical step of variant functionalization into each stage of drug development. Utilizing the Maze Compass PlatformTM, Maze is building a broad portfolio of wholly owned and partnered programs. Maze is based in South San Francisco.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
The Cellular Modeling team is seeking a motivated researcher with diverse experience in molecular and cellular biology to contribute to projects developing stem cell models for drug discovery for a variety of therapeutic areas. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of molecular biology with expertise in tissue culture. Additional experience with CRISPR gene editing, assay development, and high throughput screening is preferred. As a core member of the Cellular Modeling group, you will work alongside stem cell scientists to support the growth of new differentiations, assays, and screens in human pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs/hESCs). This is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic cross-functional team that will contribute directly to the identification of new targets and the design and validation of novel disease-modifying therapeutics.
You will be reporting to the Associate Director, Cellular Modeling.
Your Impact Includes:
- Performing tissue culture procedures to support ongoing iPSC differentiations into various lineages (i.e., neuronal, cardiac, renal)
- Establishing and scaling hiPSC differentiation protocols using 2D and 3D organoid cultures
- Analyzing cell cultures using a wide range of molecular and cellular biology assays (e.g. ELISA, q-PCR, western blots, single cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, and high content imaging)
- Generating CRISPR engineered hiPSCs
- Supporting internal cell-based screens
- Supporting the development of assay strategies and engaging with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation
- Collaborating closely with other scientists, bioinformaticians, and computational biologists
- B.S. or M.S. degree in life sciences with 6+ years of relevant experience preferably in drug discovery and an industry setting
- Strong tissue culture skills and a thorough understanding of biological procedures is required. iPSCS and CRISPR cell line engineering is preferred
- Experience with the development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. imaging, FACS, ELISA, qPCR, etc.) is essential
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $103,000 - $135,000. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.