About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into as many new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
The DMPK department is seeking a qualified Drug Metabolism Senior Research Associate with experience running various in vitro assays (e.g. metabolic stability, CYP inhibition and PPB using equilibrium dialysis). Work will entail extensive use of LC-MS/MS and LC-HRMS systems for measurement of small molecules. Experience with high resolution mass spectrometers is a plus.
Your Impact Includes:
- Executing in vitro DM assays such as hepatocyte and microsomal stability, CYP inhibition, and plasma protein binding using RED device. Samples will be analyzed by LC-MS, data processed, QC’ed and uploaded.
- Working closely with other members of DMPK group, discovery project teams and Research Infrastructure group to ensure that assays are run according to agreed timelines. Data presentation required.
- You will troubleshoot methods and instrumentation and help perform routine LC-MS maintenance. Experience with laboratory automation a plus.
- Collaborate with CROs to perform outsourced and overflow work.
- Understanding of the relationships of DMPK principles is a plus
- BA/BS/MS with 5+ years’ experience working with LC-MS systems within a pharmaceutical company, academic institution or CRO.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in DMPK field, preferably running in vitro assays. Must demonstrate solid knowledge of drug metabolism concepts.
- Will require working independently and meeting timelines. Ability to troubleshoot assay and LC-MS performance is key.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team-based environment are essential.
- Thrives in a collaborative and independent setting.
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $99,500 - $115,200. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.