About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose-built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological, and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into as many new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative, and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics team at Maze is seeking a highly qualified and highly motivated bioanalytical Senior Research Associate with extensive experience using LC-MS to quantitate small molecule concentrations in various matrices (blood, plasma, tissues, etc.). The ideal candidate will be familiar with various sample extraction techniques (PP, LLE, SPE, etc.). The candidate should be able to perform routine LC-MS method development, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Experience with high resolution mass spectrometers and Phoenix WinNonlin software is a plus.
The Senior Research Associate will report directly to a PK scientist. This person will work closely with the PK-scientist and DMPK team to deliver high quality data to multiple project teams. This person must be willing to learn different LC-MS systems, LC-MS software, and DMPK principles. This person must be goal- and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic. This is an onsite lab-based opportunity.
Your Impact Includes:
- Routinely develop LC-MS methods to quantitate small molecules in various matrices
- Prepare and analyze PK samples; process data and write PK reports
- Perform routine both LC and MS maintenance
- Coordinate with colleagues for test article, study scheduling, and study samples
- Independently executes experiments and present data to the team
- Must maintain detail records of experiments and electronic notebook
- Must be detail oriented and have good laboratory practices
- BA/BS/MS in a biological discipline with relevant industry experience of 5+ years
- A minimum of 3 year of experience operating and maintaining an LC-MS
- A strong background in bioanalytical mass spectrometry with hands on experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SciEx software, and ThermoScientific software
- A good working knowledge of PK and DMPK concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment is essential
- Good understanding of in vitro ADME assay is a plus
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $99,500 - $115,200. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy