About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual with a strong background in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry to join our dynamic and highly collaborative drug discovery team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel, biologically active small molecules. This is a hands-on role utilizing cutting-edge techniques and advanced technology to contribute to novel molecules for therapeutic use.
Your Impact Includes:
- Conduct multistep syntheses of complex small molecules supported with detailed characterization of intermediates and final products
- Design and execute experiments and tasks in consultation with chemistry colleagues.
- Propose new compounds for synthesis based on SAR, leveraging computational and informatics tools where appropriate
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisors and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility
- Summarize / interpret results and present findings in research meetings
- Integrate and utilize modern medicinal chemistry principles and tools
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are performed to a high standard
- Utilize scientific literature and databases such as SciFinder to design and implement efficient synthetic routes
- Collaborate with scientists across functions to develop and optimize newly generated molecules
- BS/MS in Chemistry with at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience in synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry
- Industry experience is highly preferred; experience working across teams on projects is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in multi-step organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, LCMS, HPLC, etc.)
- A strong interest in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery concepts with an ability to learn and adapt in a fast-moving environment
- Organized and detail-oriented record-keeping skills, ability to multi-task, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently in conceptualize and execute chemistry experiments
The expected salary range for Research Associate II for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $86,000 - $100,700. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.