About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into as many new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
We are seeking an exceptional leader in computational biology to join our Translational Genomics team, which consists of human genetics, functional genomics and computational biology groups. The successful candidate will design and lead the execution of a vision that integrates analysis of external and internal multi-omics datasets with proprietary computational pipelines in order to support drug discovery and development programs, as well as identify new targets. The candidate will build and maintain a computational biology team. The successful candidate will partner with human genetics, functional genomics, data science, biology, drug discovery and other functions at Maze to translate genetics insights into therapies.
Your Impact Includes:
- Perform and oversee computational analyses of internal and external multi-omics data sets in support of rapid evaluation and advancement of therapeutic programs.
- Partner with other Human Genetics, Functional Genomics, Data Science, Biology teams to design experiments and integrate computational and experimental data sets.
- Leverage major scientific and technological advances, including investment in biobanks linked to large-scale human health databases (FinnGen, Genes & Health, UK Biobank), cutting-edge informatics platforms, breakthrough understanding of biological pathways and functional genomics capabilities
- Identify internal and external collaboration opportunities in the multi-omics space
- Design, implement, and execute computational pipelines that enable solving complex biological problems such as the molecular characterization of genetic variants associated with disease and disease models
- Partner with our other functions in Translational Genomics and Data Sciences to define roles for the continuous development of our computational biology pipelines.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of external collaborations with both contract research organizations and academic institutions.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Human Genetics, Bioinformatics or similar, 8+ years of experience in a role involving computational biology or drug development with relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience including building and leading high-performing teams and individuals that includes Sr. Scientists, Scientists, and/or Engineers.
- Broad and deep experience with computational approaches for the analysis and interpretation of data from different genomics technologies including RNA-seq, ChiP-seq, single cell technologies, spatial transcriptomics, long read RNA-seq, CUT&RUN amongst others.
- Exceptional communication and cross-functional leadership skills with a strong record of collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated consistent exceptional contributions to the development of products, processes, and technologies.
- Recognized leader in their field as demonstrated through patents, academic publications, leadership in the organization of scientific forums, or participation in standard setting and regulatory bodies within the industry.
- Demonstrated examples integrating human genetics with multi-dimensional datasets to prioritize drug targets.
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $228,000 - $244,500. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.