Maze is a Series B funded startup building the future of product research for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network.
We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 60,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze.
We're a fully remote team working across 35+ countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In your role as Brand and Creative Lead, you will work closely with:
- Bozena Pieniazek, VP of Marketing
- Paul Garnale, Stel De Vera, Lindsey McIntosh, Brand Studio
- Roger Bretos, Sr. Director, Experience Design
GOALS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE OR OWN
- You will be responsible for leading our Brand Studio team, from design to copywriting. As part of this, you will take ownership of our brand strategy and guide its implementation across the organization so we continue to create a powerful, consistent brand.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Guide and manage the Brand Studio team, including Brand Designers, Copywriter, and external freelancers & agencies we work with
- Guide and empower a high-performing team that delivers innovative and high-impact programs that keep pushing the boundaries
- Drive our brand strategy and work across the organization with key stakeholders on its implementation and further development
- Define and roll out processes, best practices, guidelines, and documentation to drive operational excellence, ensure brand consistency, and scale a fully remote team smoothly
- Work closely with the teams to ensure we're prioritizing projects that are going to have the highest impact and see through their delivery
- Lend your own creative skill and judgment to raise the quality bar on everything we do and make sure we're always releasing work we're proud of
- Define measurements of success, set targets for the teams, and report on the brand team's success to quantify its impact
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience, with a focus on brand strategy, design, or storytelling
- 2+ years of experience in a people management function
- Extensive experience leading brand and creative programs end to end
- Execution mindset and experience working in a fast-paced, aspiring environment
- A track record of creating compelling stories and innovative campaigns to reach business goals, as well as an aesthetic sense and design taste
- Excellent organizational and cross-functional communication skills; experience working in a fully remote environment is a plus
- Experience working with creative agencies and freelancers and managing them to deliver high-quality work
- Advanced understanding of marketing metrics, and how to track, report, and influence them
Maze values transparency and it enables us to approach compensation equitably across the world. We are informed by data and regularly check our salary ranges (either United States or Rest of World) against other venture backed companies. Additionally, we are proud of our holistic and generous benefits offerings, included in every compensation package. The typical compensation for this role ranges from $86,500.0. to $117,500.0. Your salary is dependent upon many factors, including years of experience, expertise, etc. Don’t let the typical compensation range for this role deter you from applying; during your first interview, you can expect to have an open conversation with your recruiter regarding your compensation expectations. Thoughts to share about how Maze communicates compensation? We’re open to hearing your .
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love to hear from you.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 200 team members. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: We're a fast-growing startup and we have big goals! You will have the opportunity to impact Maze's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
- Health insurance with international coverage, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes Vision
- Dental insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes orthodontics
- Free access to proper mental health care, unlimited virtual therapy sessions (with a human)
- Life and Disability Insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- Unlimited, flexible time off
- Meaningful equity
- Company retreats, fully paid for by Maze
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 16 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $500/month in benefits to be used at your discretion, get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits
- $1,500 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Monthly Bonus.ly points that are awarded to others to recognize teamwork, dedication and helpfulness - points can be cashed out for gift cards and more
- Virtual social engagements randomly throughout the year and gaming sessions every other Thursday
- SWAG, we have some really cool swag
- Open, transparent culture that includes virtual: lunch-and-learns, coffee chats, quarterly all-hands meetings, and more
Check out all of our a-maze-ing benefits here.