Maze is a Series A funded startup building the future of rapid testing for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network.
We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 40,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze.
We're a fully remote team working across 33 countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create content for our product experience, working across a variety of user interfaces, emails, and notifications to ensure messaging is clear, consistent, and concise.
- Use data and research to assess the impact of the content.
- Promote a consistent brand story throughout our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Examine messaging through a global lens in order to provide experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards, as well as define a clear and repeatable process for how others can collaborate with UX writing.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of relevant professional writing experience, at least 1 year of UX/product writing experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you can manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Experience working within rapid, iterative design, and agile development processes
- A systems thinker who enjoys creating simple and elegant experiences for complex products
- You're a great team player and collaborator, and you've worked with designers and UX writers as well as cross-functionally with engineers, researchers, data scientists, and product managers.
- You're no stranger to taxonomy topics and information architecture issues
GOALS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE OR OWN
- You'll work closely with the Product Design team on creating an on-brand user experience within our Product that delights our users
- You'll work closely with Product Marketing to align on naming, releases, and communications timelines to ensure consistent and delightful messaging across the platform.
- You'll work on supporting the user journey with actionable microcopy that facilitates the optimal path to value
- You'll set the systems required to deliver human words across our product portfolio that delight customers
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love to hear from you.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 150 team members. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: We're a fast-growing startup and we have big goals! You will have the opportunity to impact Maze's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
- Health insurance with international coverage, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes Vision
- Dental insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes orthodontics
- Free access to proper mental health care, unlimited virtual therapy sessions (with a human)
- Life and Disability Insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- Unlimited, flexible time off
- Meaningful equity
- Company retreats, fully paid for by Maze
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 16 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $500/month in benefits to be used at your discretion, get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits
- $1,500 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Monthly Bonus.ly points that are awarded to others to recognize teamwork, dedication and helpfulness - points can be cashed out for gift cards and more
- Virtual social engagements randomly throughout the year and gaming sessions every other Thursday
- SWAG, we have some really cool swag
- Open, transparent culture that includes virtual: lunch-and-learns, coffee chats, quarterly all-hands meetings, and more
Check out all of our a-maze-ing benefits here.