Maze is a Series A funded startup building the future of rapid testing for modern teams. We're backed by some of the world's best funds and have an extensive advisory network.
We're on a mission to empower modern teams to build better user experiences by testing and learning rapidly with real users. To do this, we've partnered with the world's biggest design tools, including Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, Sketch, and Marvel. We power over 40,000 brands globally, including IBM, Logitech, Pipedrive, Uber, Greenpeace, and Braze.
We're a fully remote team working across 23 countries. You'll be joining a passionate team whose resumes include Canva, Figma, GitLab, Google, InVision, Typeform and Zendesk.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work side-by-side with the Director of Marketing to develop a holistic lifecycle marketing strategy that drives growth and retention.
- Create, manage, and continuously optimize emails and in-app notifications for all lifecycle initiatives across the user journey.
- Analyze the performance of our lifecycle initiatives to improve performance and develop reports and/or dashboards for stakeholders.
- Take full ownership of our automation platform and maintain its “health”, including domain & IP score, email lists health, templates, unsubscribe flows, etc.
- Collaborate with Data & Engineering to upgrade our data availability, expand our integrations with other tools to improve our lifecycle initiatives, and upgrade our tech stack if needed.
- Be the knowledge center for everything related to user communications, facilitate best practices across the organization and enable the team to autonomously communicate with users.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A data-driven, technical marketer with 4+ years of experience managing email and lifecycle marketing programs
- A strategic thinker but not afraid to get into the weeds to build and optimize emails and in-app messages hands-on
- A good understanding of tracking, data infrastructure and integration setups. (You will not need to implement these yourself but you will need to work closely with Data & Engineering on defining requirements and proactively recommend upgrades, if needed.)
- Good HTML and CSS skills to build custom, on-brand emails and templates.
- A passion for experimentation to improve the performance of user communications.
- You collaborate well across teams, have strong communication skills, and have experience implementing documentation for marketing automation tools & processes.
- Familiarity with autopilot (or similar) and experience in leading a migration to a marketing automation tool like Marketo or Iterable is a plus.
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS startup that has scaled
- Solid understanding of SaaS metrics
GOALS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE OR OWN
- You will be responsible for the performance of our lifecycle communications, including email and in-apps.
- You will contribute to driving growth by increasing retention, product engagement and upsells to paid and Enterprise plans.
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and feel that your experience prepares you to do it, we'd love to hear from you.
Why Maze is unique
- Early-stage startup: You will join an early-stage startup with less than 100 employees. This means you'll have the unique opportunity to directly impact success and help shape the future of Maze.
- Category: We're on a mission to democratize user testing and are truly excited about defining a new space where anyone can test and learn rapidly.
- Product-market Fit: We already have a strong product-market fit for product designers and a NPS of 60, and we're excited to build on top of this to reach PMF for our new user segments.
- 5x Growth: We're a fast-growing startup and we have big goals! You will have the opportunity to impact Maze's growth and help us achieve the next milestone in our journey.
- Health insurance with international coverage, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes Vision
- Dental insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- For US team members this includes orthodontics
- Free access to proper mental health care, unlimited virtual therapy sessions (with a human)
- Life and Disability Insurance, 100% of the team member premium paid
- Unlimited, flexible time off
- Meaningful equity
- Company retreats, fully paid for by Maze
- New MacBook (laptop), paid for by Maze
- Paid Family leave: 16 weeks for birth or adoptive parents
- $850/month in benefits to be used at your discretion, get the benefits that matter to you with our flexible a-maze-ing benefits
- $2,000 remote work setup fund to ensure you can set up a productive work space
- Flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Monthly Bonus.ly points that are awarded to others to recognize teamwork, dedication and helpfulness - points can be cashed out for gift cards and more
- Virtual social engagements randomly throughout the year and gaming sessions every other Thursday
- SWAG, we have some really cool swag
- Open, transparent culture that includes virtual: lunch-and-learns, coffee chats, quarterly all-hands meetings, and more
Check out all of our a-maze-ing benefits here.