May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Your Opportunity for Success
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our organization is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer who is responsible for ensuring that software products and systems meet quality standards. Their job description may include the following responsibilities:
- The role of the Software Quality Engineer is to ensure Quality Assurance across entire V-cycle and project deliverables.
- Develop quality metrics to track software performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Utilize various tools and techniques to analyze software performance and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement.
- Collaborate with development, design, and product teams to ensure that software products meet quality standards and user requirements.
- Software Quality Engineers provide technical support to development teams to resolve quality-related issues and ensure software products are delivered on time.
- Software Quality Engineers create and maintain documentation related to quality assurance processes, testing protocols, and software performance metrics.
- Provide training to development teams on quality assurance processes, testing techniques, and software performance metrics.
- Working knowledge of the ASPICE and ISO 26262 software development process
- Perform independent reviews of project team member work products like Project Plan, Requirements Analysis, System / Software Release Note, Validation (test results) reports, planning, and ensure consistencies in reviews by the team (including traceability).
- Support and facilitate compliance with standards (Automotive SPICE, ISO/IEC15504, ISO 26262), and with life cycles such as Agile SCRUM and V-Model via internal and external audits.
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Software, Electrical Engineering or Technical equivalent or foreign equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development/software QA/software quality experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to drive alignment across stakeholders with differing objectives and values.
- Knowledgeable in Quality management (ASPICE / CMMI) in System and Software electronics systems.
- Internal and external ASPICE software process audit experience.
- Experience with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating system.
- Master's of Science in Computer Science, Software, Electrical Engineering or Technical equivalent or foreign equivalent.
- Experience working in a startup.
- Understanding of software and electrical development processes.
- Knowledge of UL 4600 autonomous vehicle safety standard.
- Experience with Stages process management tool.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Gitlab tools.
- Experience in the software quality gating process.
- Experience working in and introducing Agile and Lean process improvements.
- Knowledge of automotive and autonomous vehicle technologies.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.