May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to our team who will be focused on the Software Development & Product aspects of our business. This role will be crucial in helping to tackle the company’s most important strategic questions including business planning, product strategy, and key investment decisions. The Senior Financial Analyst will support leaders across multiple business units (Autonomy, Software, Product, Vehicle Engineering, Operations) as well as company C-suite. We are looking for a candidate who will bring a fresh perspective on resource efficiency and prioritization for the company.
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and monthly close processes for Software engineering, Product development, and IT infrastructure. Collaborate with business leaders to ensure resource allocation is aligned with company strategy.
- Develop, improve and own the rolling forecast for assigned business units. Meet with Business Partners monthly to review financial performance and update forecast inputs for both headcount and non-headcount related spend. Ensure that the forecast is accurate, precise and achievable.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to improve resource management and properly prioritize company initiatives.
- Analyze the financial impact of software engineering projects and product development decisions with both short term and long term considerations.
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to ensure compliance with the software capitalization policy.
- Develop financial projections, pro forma financial statements, and other analyses (e.g. NPV, breakeven, make vs. buy, payback, etc.) for new business cases.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management, including recommendations backed by data.
- Explain accounting logic, calculation methodology, and benchmarking used in budgets and financial models to internal and external audiences.
- Understand and monitor market trends to inform strategic direction and identify future growth opportunities for the organization.
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Strong Excel skills and ability to create functional and scalable models
- Superior communication skills and ability to foster communication/collaboration amongst departments
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
- Proven desire to learn and go above and beyond to continuously improve processes and deliverables
- Experience working with Planning & Reporting systems such as Netsuite
- Previous experience in financial analysis for a software development function
- Experience with startup companies or high growth companies
- Knowledgeable about the Autonomous Vehicle Industry
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.