May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
About the job
The Senior Events Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of events, demos and marketing activations demos for May Mobility. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to raise awareness, showcase the May Mobility autonomous vehicle experience, and build a strong brand in the events and experiential marketplace for B2G, B2B and the Rider community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own Field Marketing for the organization from a strategic perspective, helping to create and lead our events strategy. Oversee the execution of experiential marketing projects as assigned, with an emphasis on trade show/conference participation and autonomous vehicle demonstrations for current and prospective customers, riders and investors
- Coordinate and execute program elements including communication with leadership, cross-functional teams and business partners, coordination of creative design and assets, logistics, vendor relationships, etc.
- Work cross-functionally between all departments including Marketing to ensure all program elements are supported and executed including budgeting, creative elements, social media, PR, scheduling, lead management, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact for Business Development in the field with experiential marketing requests and questions
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills during the planning of projects and while onsite as required.
- Compile feedback and offer input on successes and improvements for each project
- Analyze competitor research relating to activations and partnerships
- Partner with the Commercial team to evaluate programs to optimize and deliver a return on investment.
- Manage lead collection and management before, during and after events, partnering with the Business Development team to ensure timely follow up. Work with BD on reporting requirements for Monday and HubSpot .
- Act as a brand steward on the frontlines
- Experience with building, executing and scaling annual event programs including demos and working cross-functionally from concept to completion
- Strong bias for action: ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exhibit the ability to problem-solve and stay calm under pressure; resilient to set-backs
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence without authority
- Partner effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and organizational skills including data collection and management
- Prioritize and manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Manage complex and highly visible projects
- Must be able to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Management preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in event management, field marketing, or experiential marketing
- Systems: Google Suite, HubSpot, lead collection and management tools
- Travel Requirements: Travel up to 25%
- Physical Requirements: Office position requiring telephone and computer use. Must be able to list up to 30 pounds of marketing materials.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.