May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Your Opportunity for Success
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Systems and Process Engineer to support the product development team, responsible for:
- Leveraging a system level understanding of our products and technologies to support cross-functional engineering efforts
- Creating and maintaining requirement specifications by:
- Analyzing stakeholder, product, and safety requirements to define technical system and subsystem requirements
- Supporting system design activities, assessing impact and conformance to requirements
- Collaborating with test and validation team to define verification criteria for system requirements
- Reviewing legacy requirements to ensure completeness and correctness
- Leading engineering process continuous improvement activities, proposing solutions and gaining buy-in from impacted teams
- Developing training materials detailing process flows and work instructions for tools and methods used by teams
- Assisting in creation of business intelligence reporting capabilities to track Key Performance Indicators for Systems and Process team
- Evaluating industry and regulatory requirements for applicability to May Mobility products
- Directing SFMEA analysis, tracking findings to resolution
- Supporting evaluation of electrical and mechanical components against system requirements
- Following safe work procedures; Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Use of workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Report workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 3+ years experience in automotive engineering working on software, hardware, or combined hardware/software products
- Ability to display systems thinking and attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of requirements management and requirement-based design
- A Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of automotive and autonomous vehicle technologies, such as LIDAR, radar, ethernet, and CAN
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), or Mobile Applications
- Experience working in a startup
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.