May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a strategic, globally-minded Director of Compensation to spearhead the design, implementation, and communication of May Mobility’s total rewards philosophy, strategy, and initiatives. This role will report directly to the Chief People Officer and will partner cross functionally to ensure that we have competitive, transparent, and well-understood broadbase and executive compensation programs.
- Lead the design and delivery of global compensation at May Mobility -- including annual merit cycle and calibration process, equity and annual refresh program, and bonus program
- Partner with business leaders, people business partners (PBPs) and other cross-functional partners to enable business outcomes; while ensuring decisions are aligned with May Mobility’s compensation philosophy
- Review and maintain May Mobility’s Leveling Framework, Competencies Guide, and Pay Bands
- Manage and maintain May’s Compensation Tool (Pequity), and ensure key stakeholders know how to leverage/utilize the tool
- Provide thought-leadership for compensation by staying abreast of industry best practices, market surveys, and benchmarks; applying deep expertise to make data-driven decisions to help maintain May Mobility’s competitive position
- Partner with People Ops, Recruiting, and Pequity teams to implement compensation process and system improvements
- Build and maintain compensation reports and key-metric dashboards, and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported to support the identification of short-term and long term compensation strategies that are aligned to business priorities
- Serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on compensation with members of the People Ops and Senior Leadership teams; educating and training employees on our compensation practices, philosophy, and market-based approach
- Partner cross functionally to proactively identify problems, resolve issues, and offer solutions on all matters related to compensation
- Support preparation of materials needed for presentation to May Mobility’s executive leadership team and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, as well as for investor/shareholder engagement
- Lead all compensation-related initiatives, including M&A activity and job architecture design
- Monitor legal and regulatory environment impacting compensation at the Local, State, and Federal level, and ensure compliance with changing landscape; including global pay equity developments
- Advise on compensation-related activities such as strategic new hire compensation, promotions, domestic and international transfers, and retention plans for top performers and at-risk employees
- Participate in job architecture design and evaluation initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years progressively responsible business/HR experience, primarily in compensation roles
- Successful track record of building competitive, scalable, global compensation programs
- Creative thinker who can provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization, think analytically, and solve complex issues and challenges
- Compensation subject matter expert; able to provide thought-leadership on a variety of complex compensation topics
- Demonstrated experience managing equity programs for broadbase and executive hires; experience taking equity programs through multiple company stages, and aptitude with developing innovative approaches to equity plans
- Strong relationship building skills with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels; able to quickly operationalize strategic initiatives in a collaborative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to individual contributors, managers, and executives
- Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting) with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information; high level of personal integrity and comfortable operating with ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of HRIS, ATS, and Compensation Management Tools
- Hands-on leader who is authentic and able to inspire others to be their best through leadership and coaching
- Expert at analyzing compensation surveys and market data (e.g. Radford and/or Option Impact), understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Expertise with analytics, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, Word/Docs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and projects to outcomes; while meeting budget requirements
- Proactive in identifying downstream impacts to devise robust change management plans to mitigate risk and enable smooth implementation
- Highly organized and comfortable with shifting priorities in a fast-paced agile work environment
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Passionate about self driving cars and their impact on the world
- PHR or SHRM certified
- CCP certified
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.