May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for a Test and Validation Manager to oversee the software and hardware quality and testing teams, establishing the plans to ensure reliable, safe operation of May Mobility vehicles throughout design, testing, and real-world deployments. This role will report directly to the Director of Test and Validation.
- Work cross-functionally to establish validation timing plans for all technical projects at May Mobility
- Manage hardware, software, and driver testing teams, including people management and project management
- Manage testing resources(Recruit, train, allocate and monitor), Ensure the team has the right processes and tooling to complete the job
- Collaborate with hardware development, software development, and production engineering to develop and execute overall testing strategy
- Define metrics and track progress towards product acceptance criteria
- Manage real-world vehicle testing programs and processes; contribute to developing guidelines for vehicle deployments
- Prioritize effective resource allocation across all validation functions
- Participate in preparation of quality assessments, reports, and metrics formulating go-no go statements based on reports and metrics, test progress and defect status.
- Manage data collection and testing software projects
- Communicate within engineering and with the broader company about validation progress and goal
Qualifications and Skills
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, or related engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience in a validation role with 3+ years of experience in a validation management role (desired) , including hands-on experience testing complex safety-critical systems involving hardware and software, ideally in an automotive (active safety) or aerospace context
- Demonstrated team leadership experience with development experience in SW/ HW development
- Impeccable technical communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience, with a specific focus on timing, benchmarks, and meeting deadlines
- Understanding of software and hardware development processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Willingness to undergo a driving record check
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Experience working with automotive suppliers
- Prior experience in a startup environment
- Experience working within an “Agile” software development process
- Experience applying ASPICE, ISO26262 and ISO9000 standards
- Professional Engineer License
- Experience working with Linux
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.