May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in major cities across the United States and in Japan, transporting everyday people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
An Invitation from our CEO
I’m Ed, the CEO at May. I’m looking for an Executive Administrative Business Partner who can be my day-to-day lieutenant. I’m looking for someone who can help me allocate my time to the most valuable work possible, by doing a few key things:
- By helping me be incredibly well-prepared as I go into every meeting, every day-- both by preparing briefing materials and by helping me stay accountable for the tasks that I commit to;
- By being a thought partner in strategic prioritization-- helping me work through which activities (meetings/trips) I should agree to, challenging me to decline things when I overcommit, and helping to identify new strategic opportunities;
- By taking some things off my plate entirely (e.g., taking point on the preparation of presentations, including project management aspects when these involve input from the broader leadership team);
- And by helping me always know the truth about the organization -- building relationships around the company, and helping to strengthen a no-BS culture where we celebrate successes and learn from failures.
If you’re usually the hardest-working person in the room, and you place a premium on preparation and quality of work (i.e., you’re the sort of person who proofreads even an email), and you’re excited about the idea of being a daily partner to a CEO who knows he needs support to perform his best, then this might be a great job for you.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to help drive our growth and work for a company that is doing something that no one has ever done before: building a thriving business around self-driving technology. Your work will include:
- Amplifying and improving the CEO’s communication
- Writing first drafts of proposals, internal/external emails, letters, etc.
- Creating board decks, investor updates, and coordinating the material requests from the various executive teams, and connecting it all together.
- Be proactive and a problem solver – takes action with little-to-no direction, acts on behalf of the CEO with finesse and anticipates what's upcoming and helps the CEO stay ahead.
- Keeping the CEO accountable for commitments, while helping keep reports accountable for results
- Ensuring that the CEO’s meetings are as productive as possible by reviewing agendas in advance, ensuring that preparation time is scheduled when needed, preparing briefings, and coordinating follow-up.
- Taking notes during meetings that the CEO attends and making sure that action items from the meeting are executed.
- Provide support on ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Managing the CEO’s schedule
- Helping to ensure that the CEO always seems approachable and available, even while taking over some day-to-day activities so the CEO can spend more time on strategic work.
- Schedule complex meetings – coordinating amongst challenging calendars and across time zones.
- Support with domestic and international travel arrangements as needed (including sophisticated planning of meeting agendas, detailed itineraries, and logistics).
- Act as a strong ambassador for May Mobility, our culture, values, and our business
- 5+ years of demonstrated executive support experience, supporting multiple senior level executives in a fast-paced technology environment
- Ability to put yourself in the executive’s shoes and handle the schedule in a way that promotes the most effective use of time
- Ability to re-prioritize at a moment’s notice with changing needs of the executives
- Ability to multitask and be highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional oral, written, and visual (e.g. keynote) communication skills
- People-oriented; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion, sound judgment, and the utmost integrity
- Impeccable organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Ability to think ahead to identify and solve problems before they arise
- Interest in working for a high-growth and mission-driven startup
- Ability to proactively navigate past roadblocks as they arise
- Encouraging, can-do/will-do attitude
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.