May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to add to our Finance team. We are looking for a candidate that can build and scale new processes, maximize the use of our recently implemented ERP system, and work cross-functionally. This role reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Direct monthly financial close process, ensuring accuracy in accordance with both internal and external reporting requirements
- Review and/or prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and other related analyses associated with monthly financial reporting requirements, including retention of proper documentation for journal entries and account reconciliations
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support, including implementation of any new accounting standards
- Assist in implementation and documentation of internal controls
- Manage and support financial statement preparation and audits
- Oversee global consolidations and support international accounting team members
- Ability to manage team members effectively, providing support and coaching as necessary
- Support other special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Minimum 4 years working in corporate accounting/finance or public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to diplomatically approach team members to discuss sensitive financial matters
- Ability to use professional judgment to escalate matters when necessary
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience managing team members
- Public accounting experience
- Experience using NetSuite ERP
- Experience working with an automotive or manufacturing company
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.