May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team with platform engineers with a background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
May Mobility looks for engineers that are motivated by making a complete working system and finding ways to use their know-how to improve our products. Our engineers are cross-functional: understanding and contributing to multiple parts of the system even if their focus might be one or two parts. Further, all of our engineers take part in feature development, testing, validation, safety, quality, and production activities.
- Lead new platform features from concept to implementation, carrying a project across design, testing, quality, and production
- Develop mechanical and electrical systems for self-driving vehicles related to vehicle drive-by-wire, sensor integration, and rider-facing features
- Design and implement prototypes of complex parts of the full vehicle system
- Evaluate and characterize sensors, actuators, and electrical and compute hardware
- Design and build physical systems for testing, analysis, and deployment
- Work with suppliers to outsource relevant pieces of projects
- Participate in FMEA and other safety review activities
- Participate in mechanical and/or electrical design reviews
- Mentor new hires and technicians
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical design
- Proficiency in computer-aided design of mechanical and/or electrical components (Solidworks, PCB design packages)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in various manufacturing techniques potentially including machining, PCB assembly, wiring, molding, additive
- Prior experience working on real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems, sensors, and actuators
- Systems-level thinking
- Basic automotive knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering, Autonomous Driving, or Robotics
- At least 2 years professional experience working on real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems
- Knowledge of automotive maintenance
- Familiarity with ISO26262 standards
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.