May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Testing safety critical systems like our vehicles is a difficult task, and one that we care deeply about. In fact, the way we test and validate our AVs may be more important than the Autonomous Vehicles themselves! In this position, you will help us develop and improve our simulation abilities, develop our understanding and test coverage of the driving behavior space, and build the case that convinces our riders (and ourselves!) that our autonomous vehicles are ready for prime-time!
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to independently impact our approach to solving the most interesting problems facing AV’s today, while operating live in the wild.
- Work independently with cross functional teams to develop software and system requirements
- Help to design, manage, and scale our autonomous vehicle test codebase
- Create and update test scenarios to simulate real-world autonomous driving conditions
- Design scenarios to test new autonomy use cases
- Track test success over time to show growth in our autonomous driving capabilities
- Collaborate with autonomy developers to facilitate testing of new behaviors
- Work closely with simulation software vendors to define new features and diagnose pain points
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry experience building simulations and/or simulation infrastructure for autonomous vehicle testing
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience in complex software testing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage, maintain, and expand suites of automated tests based on changing requirements
- Strong programming skills in C++, software development in a Linux environment
- Deep familiarity with Software Engineering techniques and best practices (design patterns, separation of concerns, etc…)
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as git, valgrind, and gdb
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance or as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Experience building, managing, and interpreting automated test suites for complex applications
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, autonomous vehicles, or start-ups
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.