May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Tokyo, Japan.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing all Accounting and Financial Reporting activities for May Mobility Japan GK. This person will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets and financial reporting are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements. The Accounting Manager will also assist with FP&A, tax & other business related responsibilities as directed by Japan GK leadership.
This role will report directly to the Director of Accounting.
- Direct monthly close process ensuring accuracy in accordance with both internal and external reporting requirements, as well as retention of proper documentation for account reconciliations and journal entries
- Design, develop, and implement financial controls to ensure that the company’s financial statements and interim financial reporting are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Direct the completion of country and provincial tax reporting requirements through use of third parties as necessary
- Liaise with the May Mobility US accounting team for technical accounting issues and to support audit requests
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions, financial reporting, and accurate revenue recognition
- Assist with the May Mobility Japan GK budget and forecast process by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Strong understanding of Japanese generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Manufacturing/inventory experience
- Experience with Netsuite ERP or with another ERP system
- JICPA and/or US CPA
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.