May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Embedded Software @ May
May Mobility is seeking passionate applicants to join its Software Co-Op program. Be a part of the team that is designing and building the framework for our driverless vehicles. From writing firmware to designing electrical circuits, this team has the opportunity to impact every system on the vehicle.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program on a technical degree track (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Systems Engineering exposure
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Independent problem-solving ability
- C/C++ coding experience
- Embedded software or Linux / UNIX software application development using C
- Coding and/or scripting experience in high level languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- PCB design/circuit analysis required for systems/prefered for software
- Hands on experience testing electrical/mechanical systems.
- Experience with CAN, Serial, or Ethernet communication protocols
- Electrical schematics and harness building
Benefits and Perks
- Daily catered lunches and snacks at the office
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.