May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a People / HR systems guru who is highly-organized and ready to level up our systems as our Lead People Systems Specialist. They will be the go-to expert who will develop, update, improve and oversee core People / HR systems, while providing excellent customer service and a fantastic employee experience. This role reports to the Senior Manager, People Operations.
- Serve as the POC with employees for all HR / People system inquiries regarding access, system set up, maintenance, and support
- Provide initial new hire systems support for those who are joining the company to ensure they are able to navigate the people platforms and utilize fully
- Partner with Learning and Development to coordinate and conduct ongoing company trainings and workshops on ‘how to’ navigate and utilize people systems (HRIS, performance management, etc) via videos, presentations and in person live sessions
- Pull scheduled and ad hoc reports from HR / People systems, compile reports from database as requested, and provide analysis and report out on findings and trends
- Develop and lead an ongoing audit schedule of all systems to ensure data in systems is clean, matching and up to date for reporting purposes
- Support and drive set up, reporting and maintenance of surveys, performance management process, goals and growth plans within the people management platform in partnership with other people team members.
- Liaise with external HR / people systems vendors to ensure systems are working and set up properly, training / workshop support when requested, customer support, updates to systems / refreshes as needed, etc.
- Remain current and aware of system upgrades and refreshes as advised by the external vendor and participates any in any training / information sessions so we are up to date and compliant; continue to stay proactive about the latest tools, systems and best practices
- Negotiate new and renewal contracts with external vendors for services for all People systems annually / semi-annually, ensuring that we always get the best service and value
- Develop proposals and recommendations on new and innovative platforms and companies we may want to consider and partner with for future system support
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of increasingly complex and varied HR experience focused on HRIS support, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Google Suite, ADP (or similar HRIS), Lattice (or similar performance management & engagement software), Greenhouse (or similar ATS), and Sapling (or similar onboarding software)
- Previous HRIS project management experience in migrating from one system to another
- Organized self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing & evolving startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- HR certification (HRCI and/or SHRM) strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs and third party recordkeeping/administration
- Compensation experience
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.