May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
We are seeking a Business Operations Manager to support the Product & Engineering organization working closely with our Engineering and Product leaders to take on strategic tasks and initiatives and help manage executive and organization-level projects that are budget and resource conscious.
- Ensure time, resources, and budgets are contributing to the organization’s strategic goals; Consistently analyze organizational processes and ability to scale, then help prioritize the projects that will make a difference
- Serve as the operations liaison across functional teams, working to share knowledge and drive people towards company goals and targets; Help formulate strategic recommendations with actionable insights that help make the organization more productive and successful
- Develop and strengthen departmental business policies, budgeting, and auditing to improve effective and efficient use of company resources
- Evaluate and report actual results versus plan and forecast; Prepare, analyze and monitor operational metrics, budget targets, timelines, as well as KPIs
- Help manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Coordinate work and process across multiple teams and locations to continually improve workflow processes; Oversee other special organizational projects as necessary
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value to our organization and company
- Support cross functional and executive communication through collating the effective content and facilitating the discussions for decision making
- An MBA, or strongly-demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience, ideally in operations or at a technology-focused company
- Entrepreneurial mindset with budgeting and finance experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly experienced with project coordination and management
- People-oriented; ability to communicate well with different personality types
- Ability to think ahead and proactively solve issues
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- Demonstrable operational leadership experience on mobility projects across the globe
- Background in mobility services with a passion for autonomous mobility
- Experience with public demonstrations
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.