Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Arlington, Texas, Hiroshima, Japan and Indianapolis, Indiana navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is looking for our first in-house Associate General Counsel that will provide legal and strategic counsel to various teams across the organization. You will partner with both internal business leaders as well as outside counsel as needed to navigate the company through complex legal issues. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide legal guidance to May Mobility regarding Supplier Agreements, NDAs, Employment Law, Immigration, Compensation, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Corporate Governance
- Draft and revise company policies and procedures while maintaining company established processes
- Manage relationships with outside counsel
- Represent May Mobility for labor and employment law issues, including those under state and federal laws governing EEO, recruitment, investigations, voluntary and involuntary terminations, etc.
- Establish and protect IP assets handling brand protection, patents, trade secrets, etc.
- Advise on investor relations communication, assist with Board meeting preparation, etc.
- Partner with Supply Chain Management to establish terms and conditions and contracts with suppliers
- Draft employee and third party non-disclosure agreements
- Prepare legal documents, memoranda, and/or other forms of communication that require legal guidance
- Preparing minutes of board actions during board and committee meetings to reflect the board’s proper discharge of its fiduciary duties for the company and the company’s shareholders.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- J.D. from an accredited ABA law school
- Experience working with investors and private equity
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics, confidentiality, and analytical skills
- Admitted to practice in at least one state, preferably Michigan
- Experience as a lawyer serving a technology or automotive company
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful equity incentives
- Medical / dental / vision / 401k
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave