Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility makes communities more vibrant and livable with fleets of self-driving vehicles that bring safety, convenience, and comfort to short-distance travel. Built by a team with deep experience in transportation and AV, our vehicles provide a trusted option to driving, helping to reduce parking traffic, relieve congestion, and reduce accidents caused by human error.
Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team with platform engineers with a background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
May Mobility looks for engineers that are motivated by making a complete working system and finding ways to use their know-how to improve our products. Our engineers are cross-functional: understanding and contributing to multiple parts of the system even if their focus might be one or two parts. Further, all of our engineers take part in feature development, testing, validation, safety, quality, and production activities.
- Support new platform features from concept to implementation, carrying a project across design, testing, quality, and production
- System Level support of electrical systems for self-driving vehicles related to vehicle drive-by-wire, sensor integration, and rider-facing features
- Design and implement prototypes of complex parts of the full vehicle system
- Evaluate and implement proper electrical interfaces for sensors, actuators, and electrical and compute hardware
- Work with a cross-functional team to specify and design electronic modules to work reliably long-term in harsh automotive environments
- Work to source components and identify suppliers to meet the system design requirements
- Participate in FMEA and other safety review activities
- Participate in electrical and mechanical design reviews
- Provide sufficient training and documentation to the technicians to correctly build and test electrical wiring systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Proficiency in electrical design and troubleshooting of complex electrical systems
- Proficient with electrical schematic and electrical harness design including the use of various software tools
- At least 1 year of experience working on real-world automotive systems
- Systems-level thinking and ability to create architecture diagrams to meet system requirements
- “Can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Systems Engineering, Autonomous Driving, or Robotics.
- 3+ years professional experience working on electrified systems, real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance
- Familiarity with ISO26262 standards
- Excellent communication, documentation, and leadership skills
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours