Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in major cities across the United States and in Japan, transporting everyday people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
An Invitation from our CEO
I’m Ed, the CEO at May. I’m looking for a Chief of Staff who can be my day-to-day lieutenant and partner. I’m looking for someone who can help me allocate my time to the most valuable work possible, by doing a few key things:
- By taking some things off my plate entirely (e.g. running our regular KPI meetings, taking point on the preparation of presentations (including project management aspects when these involve input from the broader leadership team);
- By helping me be incredibly well-prepared as I go into every meeting, every day-- both by preparing briefing materials and by helping me stay accountable for the tasks that I commit to;
- By being a thought partner in strategic prioritization-- helping me work through which activities (meetings/trips) I should agree to, challenging me to decline things when I overcommit, and helping to identify new strategic opportunities;
- And by helping me always know the truth about the organization-- building relationships around the company, and helping to strengthen a no-bullshit culture where we celebrate successes and learn from failures.
If you’re usually the hardest-working person in the room, and you place a premium on preparation and quality of work (i.e., you’re the sort of person who proofreads even an email), and you’re excited about the idea of being a daily partner to a CEO who knows he needs support to perform his best, then this might be a great job for you.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to help drive our growth and work for a company that is doing something that no one has ever done before: building a thriving business around self-driving technology. Your work will include:
- Amplifying and improving the CEO’s communication
- Writing first drafts of proposals, emails, letters etc.
- Acting as the project manager for strategic communications (including board decks, investor updates, etc.), coordinating the material requests from the various executive teams, and connecting it all together.
- Organizing and running meetings, like our KPI update meeting, and being the showrunner for All Hands meetings.
- Keeping the CEO accountable for commitments, while helping keep reports accountable for results
- Leading special projects initiated by the executive team.
- Ensuring that the CEO’s meetings are as productive as possible by reviewing agendas in advance, ensuring that preparation time is scheduled when needed, preparing briefings, and coordinating follow-up.
- Taking notes during meetings that the CEO attends and making sure that action items from the meeting are executed.
- Managing the CEO’s schedule
- Helping to ensure that the CEO always seems approachable and available, even while taking over some day-to-day activities so the CEO can spend more time on strategic work.
- Coordinating with the CEO’s executive assistant on scheduling issues.
- Stepping in to represent the CEO at meetings when the CEO is unable to attend.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the company
- Building relationships throughout the company, at all levels.
- Constantly monitoring the health of the organization and making specific recommendations on how to improve it.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience, ideally in consulting, operations, or in a technical role
- Experience working in a product-centric organization
- Excellent oral, written, and visual (e.g. keynote) communication skills
- Highly experienced with project coordination and management
- People-oriented; ability to communicate well with different personality types
- Ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise
- Interest in working for a high-growth and mission-driven startup
- Encouraging, can-do/will-do attitude
- Impeccable organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- Ability to relocate to Ann Arbor, MI
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits, including vision and dental
- Flexible paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401K program with matching
- Meaningful stock options