Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in major cities across the United States, transporting every-day people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
Your Opportunity for Success
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Sr. Vehicle Engineering Manager to define product visions, strategies and be the link between our cross-functional teams (engineering, operations, business development, marketing, customer success, etc.) that execute on the strategies. This role will report into the Chief Product Officer’s organization.
In this role you will:
- Be the key point of technical accountability in engineering for a vehicle program
- Have a passion for up-fitting existing vehicles with AV technology & compelling rider and safety driver experiences.
- Define technical requirements that can be fed into an OEMs vehicle product development process and establish the relationships required to do this collaboratively.
- Define technical requirements & ensure that they are executed to across the appropriate engineering scrum teams
- Be the “technical anchor” in the scrum for the vehicle program
- Partner with Product Management, Operations, etc. to define teams and operating rhythms to effectively develop, launch & operationalize products
- Provide differentiating technical vision and strategy for cutting-edge autonomous vehicle
- Work with customers, internal teams and functions, and leverage market intelligence to derive insights to inform technical strategy
- Shore technical vision & strategy up with compelling business cases and customer validation
- Leverage excellent communication and leadership skills to evangelize and advocate for your solutions (features), working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in vehicle engineering leadership for software, hardware or combined software/hardware products, which includes launching a vehicle
- Prior roles in which you led a cross engineering teams in achieving a goal
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
It is preferred if you have:
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) or Mobile Applications, Transportation as a Service
- Experience with User Experience and leveraging Design Thinking principles in the product development process
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience creating solutions that disrupt the market
- A Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience managing other engineers
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours