The Head of Facilities Management will have direct oversight of the site based daily Facility operations and Technical Engineering oversight across all May Mobility sites including our Ann Arbor HQ, US and international operations sites.
Primarily ensuring proper development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs that promote well managed and well maintained properties, following industry best practices. Special focus will be given to the maintenance and operation of office space, engineering facilities, and operations sites. Emphasis will be on improving the environments in which we operate, from a design and maintenance perspective, overall employee experience, positive and timely response to concerns or needs of employees and eliminating downtime due to equipment or facility outages.
The role is highly technical in nature, being responsible for engineering standard setting and oversight of the Global portfolio. This position provides RECS with the subject matter expertise for May Mobility’s Engineering requirements, and will drive not only the routine day to day maintenance operations, but also the specifications for future MayMobility locations. The role will provide assistance and engineering guidance to all regions.
This position is expected to communicate effectively with all departments and stakeholders, providing differential value for our company and customers. Partnership with site leaders, regional leaders, engineering, and People team will be critical for success.
- Define and implement a May office vision that enables May culture, Brand, and business including but not limited to building footprint, furniture, office equipment and teleconference facilities
- Manage nutrition programs at HQ and sites
- Liaise with real estate advisors and manage the set-up of new facilities
- Provide, implement and manage building engineering guidance, advice for vehicle & component workshop(s)
- Ensure facilities are in accordance with the requirements of all local, state and federal and host country requirements
- Ensure outsourced services are in compliance with the Master Services Agreement (MSA) and any other relevant amendments or appendices which guides the 3rd party’s relationship.
- Prepare, submit and manage Facilities operating budgets
- Accountable for financial performance related to Facilities spend while ensuring adherence to established operating budgets
- Maintain a consolidated database of key lease information needed for lease accounting compliance and for preparing summaries of the company’s real estate portfolio
- Serve as primary contact for client emergency management personnel - reporting site readiness when dealing with region wide emergencies such as large scale snow events, hurricanes, etc
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the Facilities Critical Environment systems and equipment at all Facilities
- Provide diagnostic follow up in the form of Root Cause analysis, Failure mode and effects analysis to map out corrective and preventive actions to all critical environment operating issues
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Engineering or Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Political Science, Sustainable Development or related field required and LEED AP preferred
- Must have 5-10 years’ experience managing a portfolio of owned and leased properties.
- Technical skills in critical systems such as emergency/stand-by generators, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, environment control systems
- Detailed technical knowledge and experience of building operations and critical environments
- Understanding of building Management Control Systems, Life Safety Systems, CMMS,
- Technical experience in large and small construction projects in multiple site environments.
- Experience in automotive lab and small production facilities
- Positive team player who can work with and mentor people ranging from in house staff and 3rd party vendors staff.
- Strong verbal and written (report) communications skills.
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and crisis management skills
- Demonstrate leadership and adaptability when facing unique challenges