May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in four major cities across the United States, transporting every-day people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
Embedded Systems @ May
Spanning both hardware and software roles, the Embedded Systems team is integral to the design and integration of our vehicle platforms. Team members develop custom, cutting-edge hardware and firmware, frequently working across functional teams with Autonomy, Software and Data Infrastructure, and Vehicle Integration. Whether it’s sourcing and integrating new sensors to build out and improve our autonomous shuttle platform, or creating hardware that’s never been built before, we are looking for engineers that want to build embedded systems that will change the world. With our talented team, your work will push the envelope of what is possible in autonomous vehicles today.
- Test and maintain embedded software for an autonomous vehicle
- Learn about all aspects of our vehicle to support tightly-integrated solutions
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues to maintain system operation and rectify problems.
- Collect and analyze data to quickly improve system performance
- Understand interfaces between the vehicle platform, actuators, vehicle software, and communication network
- Assisting and advising technicians, at both onsite and offsite locations, on proper installation and maintenance of required embedded and electrical systems
- Developing and performing tests to validate subsystems through unit testing
- Flashing control modules with software and firmware updates
- Configuration management, including hardware and software version tracking across multiple systems/subsystems and multiple vehicle platforms
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplined engineering team including software, computer, mechanical and production engineers
Qualifications and Skills
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ year work experience and / or project team experience in automotive engineering
- Demonstrated foundation in data structures and algorithms including the ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- At least 1 year of experience working with CAN networks
- Good communication skills and ability to work across functional teams
- Basic proficiency in creating or modifying scripts to automatically analyze vehicle data using MATLAB, Python, or other similar programming languages
- Experience with in-vehicle hardware validation/verification with systems such as lidar, radar, cameras, GPS, IMUs, etc.
- Proficiency writing embedded code in C
- Experience with fabrication and integration techniques for mechanical and electrical systems, as well as hands-on experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics and use oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to troubleshoot embedded software
- 2+ years experience with automotive troubleshooting, root cause identification, and documenting solutions
- Experience with schematics and PCB design software, such as Eagle.
- Experience working with by-wire systems and low-level actuation on vehicle
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of delivery for mission-critical functionality
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks at the office
- Flexible schedule around core business hours