About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Test & Validation Team @ May Mobility
May Test and Validation Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re testing software to communicate with our vehicles, improving test procedures for autonomy, creating experiences for customers, working on simulation and automation of test cases, our test engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
We welcome engineers from a variety of backgrounds as long as they are comfortable working in one of our primary languages or are willing to learn. Because safety and reliability are our top priorities, we have a very high bar for software quality, test-ability, and maintainability.
The Test and Validation Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for the product test of radar and camera sensors. The performance is measured against defined requirements in a vehicle test environment, including vehicle development experience, Software integration and debugging, simulation, instrumentation, range of sensor suite calibration and electrical system optimization, AV/ADAS testing, testing rig creation and development technicians.
- Review of system requirements for test-ability
- Maintaining test cases
- Planning and preparation of test cases and plan in cooperation with the Test Manager
- Capture and analyze vehicle data for software and algorithm development purposes
- Execute vehicle level performance testing to defined requirements
- Lead capability testing activities to provide statistical evaluation of performance
- Preparation of the System Test Report per defined processes
- Reporting of test case status
- Creation of issues arising out of data capture or vehicle validation activities
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering (preferably Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics)
- At least 1 year of vehicle and/or component level test experience or other automotive industry engineering role
- Systematic problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with strong focus on quality
- Self-dependent with a high degree of passion, dedication and commitment
- Knowledge of vehicle test methods and procedures (i.e. DVP&R, Vehicle test scenarios, etc.)
- Knowledge of vehicle electronics, including vehicle communication systems (CAN, Vector products)
- Computerized data logging system knowledge
- Valid driver license
- Willing and able to travel occasionally in support of test activities
- 2+ years of ADAS testing experience
- Experience with ADAS sensors, such as Radars, Lidars, MFC, and Driver Monitoring Systems
- Able to read and interpret technical specifications and test procedures
- Able to develop and apply creative, robust approaches to solving new test requirements
- Use technical knowledge of automotive ADAS sensors and applications to answer technical questions and support their evaluation and integration efforts
- Able to track internal issues, document and communicate solutions, and coordinate communications with internal teams
- Able to identify, document, and report anomalies and performance issues found during testing
- Continuous improvement mindset towards process and procedure development
Travel Requirements: Travel up to 25% of the time
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Meaningful stock options
- Parental leaves
- 401K match
- Daily catered lunches and snacks