May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles navigate complex downtown scenarios and transport hundreds of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to lead an operational site.
- Do you love managing complex technical operations and systems?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver? Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you capable of thriving in a startup environment where no two days are the same, and willing to tackle both large and small tasks with an “all hands on deck” mentality?
- Do you have a high level of personal responsibility that allows you to lead by example, easily navigate between smooth and hectic shifts, and effectively assess and execute on priority decisions?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, this could be the role for you!
As a Site Manager, you will oversee a team of Site Supervisors, Technicians, and contracted Fleet Attendants to run seamless shuttle operations. You will be directly responsible to our business partners, customers, and passengers, ultimately becoming an expert in making May Mobility a part of the city’s transportation culture.
This position is located in Ann Arbor, MI. You will report to the May Mobility Customer Operations Manager and will be vital in ensuring that May Mobility exceeds expectations for quality, safety, and reliability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that operations follow rigorous safety guidelines; continuously develop a culture of safety that is beyond reproach
- Implement and oversee daily protocols and reporting; track site performance metrics to systematically improve outcomes
- Responsible for meeting financial goals and aligning spending with the site operating budget
- Ensure exceptional service for both customers and passengers
- Partner with People Operations to make staffing and performance management decisions for the site
- Ensure that site staff seamlessly communicates with engineers when a technical issue arises or requires escalation
- Partner with Field Operations to train new site leadership and test new rollouts of vehicle technology
- Create a work environment that values all team members and embodies May Mobility values
- Cover shifts across days and times that fall outside normal business hours
- Up to 10% travel required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or other degree
- Previous experience as a formal people leader in a fast adapting and customer-focused environment
- Proven experience making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience developing processes and managing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders (infrequent)
- Ability to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Willingness to undergo a driving record check
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Leadership experience in a startup environment
- Proven change management experience
- Prior experience in an operations or logistics background
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, Jira and Asana
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
- Meaningful stock options