May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan; Arlington, Texas; and Hiroshima, Japan; navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for an Employee Experience Program Manager to design and deliver an incredible journey for each and every Mayniac (that’s what we call ourselves), starting from the moment someone decides to join us. You will help cultivate and steward a mission and values driven culture across the company, spanning multiple cities and time-zones with a fast growing geographically distributed workforce. The ideal candidate is someone who is full of energy, passion, and thinks about people first. This role is an important member of the People team, and reports to the Senior Manager, People (HR) Operations.
- Design and deliver programs by identifying needs, securing resources, and prioritizing work. This will include project planning, execution, communication, and coordination for May’s Reward & Recognition Program (including Swag), Company Events, Milestone Celebrations, and other Surprise & Delight activities.
- Create experiences that cultivate a vibrant and diverse workplace environment that attracts, engages, and retains talent.
- Be an internal ambassador for our culture and core values, and build a genuine connection, feeling of excitement, and a strong sense of belonging across all employees.
- Use data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of employee experience programs and provide recommendations to improve future strategies.
- Partner with and support MayID (employee resource groups) to identify moments of education, support and celebration.
- Partner across the People Operations and Learning & Development teams to help deliver an incredible onboarding experience.
- Support our holistic approach to caring for our Mayniacs by leading our Wellness Program while considering additional Fringe Benefits and Perks.
- Manage vendors, suppliers, and service providers.
- Take on other special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience developing employee experience programs, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth technology environment.
- 3+ years of events-planning experience.
- A true believer and experienced practitioner in the “Employee is the customer” mindset.
- Experience managing culture and employee experience for a hybrid workforce, delivering creative solutions to engage a distributed workforce.
- Creative, empathetic, and a passion for delivering meaningful, memorable moments.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to create a story that informs the employee experiences you design, and the details that turn the plan into reality.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience using Google Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passionate about autonomous vehicles and their impact on the world
- Knowledge and/or interest in Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging and the value it can have on an organization
- Previous startup and/or tech experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (including a 401K matching program)
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.