May Mobility makes communities more vibrant and livable with fleets of self-driving vehicles that bring safety, convenience, and comfort to short-distance travel. Built by a team with deep experience in transportation and AV, our vehicles provide a trusted option to driving, helping to reduce parking traffic, relieve congestion, and reduce accidents caused by human error.
Founded in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team with a manufacturing engineer to join the production staff.
May Mobility looks for engineers that are motivated by making a complete working system and finding ways to use their know-how to improve our products. Our engineers are cross-functional: understanding and contributing to multiple parts of the system even if their focus might be one or two parts. Further, all of our engineers take part in feature development, testing, validation, safety, quality, and production activities.
- Responsible for efficiency, cost, ergonomic, and quality improvement projects for production
- Be subject matter expert for design reviews as it relates to manufacturability, ease of scaling, ergonomics, and cost considerations
- Assist supply chain with sourcing decisions
- Develop in-process check procedures, work instructions and tooling requirements.
- Design and oversee the manufacturing of all in-house fixtures, jigs, and other production reliability and repeatability solutions
- Oversee outside manufacturing services and tooling builds
- Design and build physical systems for testing critical to quality specifications and sensor testing and calibration
- Work with suppliers to outsource relevant pieces of projects
- Lead PFMEAs; participate in control plan reviews and other safety review activities
- Mentor technicians and more junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 8+ years experience in a manufacturing engineering capacity
- Familiarity with designing and executing process validations
- Proficient with 3D CAD software of mechanical and/or electrical components (Solidworks, PCB design packages)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in various manufacturing techniques potentially including machining, PCB assembly, wiring, molding, additive
- Proficient in rapid prototyping, 3-D printing technologies, and basic machining tools
- Ability to translate a design from prototype to production including the creation of properly dimensioned drawings
- Systems-level thinking with cross functional skills and experience
- “Can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 8+ years professional experience working on mechanical systems, real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems, or In-plant vehicle launch experience
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of ADAS systems
- Excellent communication, documentation, and leadership skills
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours