May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our unique technology for self-driving shuttles has enabled us to commercially operate in major cities across the United States, transporting everyday people and solving their real transportation problems. We are unique in the self-driving space in terms of our passion for solving real problems in the market, building a strong business, and delivering great experiences to our riders.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for a Functional Safety Manager to lead and manage our safety plan. This role functions as the safety champion in the company. This includes empowering a safety culture, coordinating safety assessments, support in defining architectures, and driving the team in these activities to successful execution. May is committed to safety and is looking to bolster its existing safety team. This is a crucial role within the organization and May Mobility encourages candidates that exceed the experience and leadership requirements to apply.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Define a functional safety concept with safety goals and safety cases according to UL4600 and ISO 26262.
- Create and confirm the detailed functional safety plan according UL4600 and ISO26262 including a schedule to hit the company’s product launches
- Planning and coordinating the functional safety activities with product managers, development team, suppliers and customers up to the achievement of the safety goals on products.
- Own and manage the safety plan and ensure that the schedule and required artifacts are met
- Train and coach the development team through every aspect of the safety plan through appropriate process and methods
- Create, maintain and review safety work products
- Communicate with all required stakeholders to identify and define technical/ system requirements, safety requirements tied to the safety goals.
- Ensuring that functional safety confirmation measures such as audits and assessments are planned and complete.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on with an analytical mindset and a proven track record of problem-solving.
- An enthusiasm for cutting-edge innovation in self-driving technologies and safety products
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or applicable fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety engineering including 3+ years of leading a safety team
- Expert experience in working with safety standards like IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 13849
- Experience with safety related system architecture
- Automotive industry experience
- Familiarity with UL 4600
- Experience with ISO 21448 (SOTIF)
- Attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- 7+ years of experience in Safety Leadership
- Functional Safety Engineer/Professional/Expert Certification
- Experience leading teams through buying, creating, or integrating Functional Safety Qualified software packages
- Proven track record as a Functional Safety Manager through a complete product lifecycle
- Tool Qualification Experience
- Experience with ADAS integration
- Experience with requirements management and tools (e.g., Polarion, Jama)
- Experience in the AV space