About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
IT @ May Mobility
May Mobility has been growing steadily since 2017, now with over 100 employees at our Ann Arbor HQ and multiple field operations offices. Our IT infrastructure is in a good place, and we are looking for an IT Helpdesk Engineer who can assist the current IT team to continue to grow and automate IT infrastructure with an eye toward our next phase of growth. In this role you will be part of a small IT team working directly with the current System Administrator, and will primarily be responsible for End User Support, occasionally working with our engineering and operations teams to collaborate and support our autonomous vehicle R&D and fleet operations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with a solid foundation in corporate IT systems and user support, with the chance to grow professionally at a company on the forefront of a technological revolution redefining what mobility means.
- Act as technical support representative for headquarters and remote staff, including Linux and Mac helpdesk support
- Support end users with VoIP phone system and conferencing technologies
- Perform onboarding and offboarding tasks; including system recycling, computer setup, working with the access control system, and determining the correct equipment users are assigned
- Organize and manage IT assets, and maintain IT equipment for office and field use, including laptops, printers, servers, and network devices
- Provide input in making IT decisions
- Document systems and processes for end users in Confluence
- Help manage the IT ticketing system and resolve requests in a timely manner
- 1 year of professional experience working in desktop support with light networking/system administration exposure
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting macOS or Ubuntu
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing basic network issues
- Basic understanding of VoIP phone systems and conferencing
- Bash (preferred) or PowerShell experience
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Startup experience is a huge plus. Don’t underestimate the potential for culture shock coming into an environment where funding cycles dictate the balance between long-term vision, and short-term pragmatism.
- Working knowledge of GSuite and the applications part of the Google ecosystem
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS mostly, but Azure experience is also good)
- Previous experience working with Cisco L2/L3 networking and using Cisco IOS
- Ability to occasionally travel to remote sites
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.