Senior Manager, People (HR) Operations
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit Michigan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Senior Manager, People (HR) Operations to drive innovative thinking and operational initiatives that serve to create a world class employee experience. This is an opportunity to diagnose issues and influence long term solutions and outcomes. The ideal candidate will bring a high level of enthusiasm and is passionate about culture, employee engagement, and retention; even if that means rolling up your sleeves to move from strategy to execution. Reporting to the Vice President of People, you will lead efforts to scale analytics, processes, policies, programs, and systems.
- Build people-focused programs to attract, grow, and retain top talent; while remaining aligned with business outcomes and company OKRs
- Create and implement scalable, repeatable processes; including background checks, immigration, onboarding/offboarding, offer letters, documentation/record-keeping, reward/recognition, LOA, etc.
- Mentor and coach other members of our small, but mighty People Operations team
- Create and maintain employee policies, and serve as the first point of contact for all employment law questions
- Steward relationships with outside legal counsel to ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Partner with benefits broker to design and implement employee wellness programs
- Manage all people technology tools through a lens of continuous improvement; proactively identify opportunities to increase automation and efficiency
- Partner with compensation consultant and internal stakeholders to create and maintain an equitable and well-executed annual compensation and promotion calibration review process
- Run employee engagement surveys, eNPS, and pulse; analyze the data and report back on trends to build action-plans, and establish KPIs
- Partner on internal communications initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years as a professional HR leader, including 3+ years of people-management experience
- Successful track record of building people operations functions and improving employee engagement while fostering an environment of growth, development, and inclusion
- Deep HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on benefits, best-practices, compensation, compliance, employment law, and employment legislation
- Analytically driven; able to extract and interpret data, break down problems, and deliver solutions
- Strong relationship building skills with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels; able to quickly operationalize strategic initiatives in a collaborative manner
- Experience working with and optimizing HR platforms/systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and projects to outcomes; while meeting budget requirements
- Proactive in identifying downstream impacts to devise robust change management plans to mitigate risk and enable smooth implementation
- Highly organized and comfortable with shifting priorities in a fast-paced agile work environment
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- PHR or SHRM certified
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- ADP power user
- Experience using Google Suite
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.