People (HR) Business Partner
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit Michigan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a dynamic People (HR) Business Partner to support and enable our business leaders, and their teams to be successful. You will have the opportunity to build collaborative processes from scratch, develop talent strategy, and advise on best-practices for performance management, leadership coaching, and organizational design. The ideal candidate is passionate about executing on big ideas and bringing out the best in the people around them. This role reports to the Vice President of People.
- Provide strategic partnership, consulting, and coaching to business leaders and their teams by aligning our People strategies with the business; while also ensuring employee advocacy and fairness
- Craft and implement creative, data-driven, and progressive talent management strategies tailored to address retention, performance management, and career development needs
- Partner with business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People initiatives and programs; including compensation, change management, training, and organizational design
- Understand May’s business, values, and culture to guide your recommendations and decision-making
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations
- Serve as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- Ensure we are in compliance with employment laws
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years as a strategic HR Business Partner
- Analytically driven, experienced in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis
- Intellectually curious about people and organizational issues; you have excellent judgment and a creative solutions-based mindset
- Experience driving key people, programs and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, coaching, employee relations and conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- Ability to flex your style to build trust and rapport with Leaders, as well as with Individual Contributors
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to understand and relate to the agile startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience using Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- PHR or SHRM certification
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Proficiency with Lattice or a similar performance management tool
- Previous startup experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.