May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit Michigan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a full-desk Technical Recruiter who thrives in taking a holistic approach to talent acquisition; while delivering a great experience to hiring managers and candidates. This role reports to the Vice President of People.
- Partner closely with engineering leaders to understand their hiring needs and team goals in order to maximize hiring output
- Strategically plan and own a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process
- Continually source passive candidates for tough-to-fill positions and identify a diverse external talent slate using a variety of channels and sourcing strategies, including recruiting events
- Work with other recruiters on the team and help one another reach team hiring goals
- Craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Ensure recruiting activities comply with all state and federal contractor requirements, our EEO policy, and our core values
- Stay current with tech and autonomous vehicle industry news
- Build and maintain relationships with top talent
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years as a full-cycle, in-house technical recruiter
- Experience recruiting within the AV and/or Robotics industry
- Proven track record of sourcing and recruiting technical talent
- Technical knowledge in order to conduct initial phone screens and calibrate against job descriptions
- Analytical and data-oriented approach to managing your recruiting funnel and working with your hiring partners
- Strong network of potential hires
- Ability to understand and relate to the agile startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- An understanding of diversity recruiting fundamentals
- Proficiency with Greenhouse or a similar ATS
- Experience using Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Software engineering and/or technical background
- Previous startup experience
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.