Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan
About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Autonomy Operations Engineering
The Autonomy Operations Team supports May Mobility’s deployment of autonomous fleets by building autonomy solutions, investigating complex robotics issues, managing deployed software packages, and providing escalation support for the autonomy stack to the operations teams. Part of the Autonomy Engineering org, the team works closely with Technical Support Engineers (“TSE” - primary support) and Site Operations staff to understand performance of the deployed software system, prioritize and implement improvements.
The Robotic Operations Engineer role provides an entry-to-mid-level opportunity to get broad exposure to the full autonomy software stack, receive technical oversight from the Autonomy R&D team, and gain hands-on experience developing real world robotics software. The team serves as a talent development pipeline for senior technical roles at May Mobility.
- Integrate May Mobility’s autonomy software into various vehicle platforms
- Identify improvement opportunities, prioritize and implement solutions for known autonomy software stack challenges
- Provide escalation support for investigation of problems reported by operations staff
- Document and communicate known issues and corrective actions to TSE team
- Improve and add to the library of in-house tools for log data review and labeling
- Manage development, release, and hotfix process for deployed autonomy software
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other Engineering discipline with strong robotics experience or a minimum of 1 year industry experience
- Strong knowledge of autonomous systems and concepts
- Strong command of Linux environment and build systems
- Programming in C
- Experience using git or similar version control systems
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or other Engineering discipline with strong robotics experience
- Hands on experience with autonomous systems
- Familiarity with automotive systems
- Python Programming
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave