About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan and Providence, Rhode Island, navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software @ May Mobility
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, automating cloud infrastructure for our data processing, or creating experiences for customers, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Develop the next generation UX and UI for systems and applications that allow passenger to experience and operations to manage our autonomous fleet
- Build full stack systems that are highly responsive, scalable and resilient while providing for modern and intuitive customer experience
- Be the driving force for adoption of frontend and backend Web and mobile frameworks, and identify opportunities to modernize existing experiences
- Develop RESTful APIs and messaging solutions as a foundation for new features and to support scalable architecture
- Work closely with Product designers and in-vehicle experience teams to establish and implement a cohesive look and feel that represented the May difference
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, HCI/UX, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with full stack development with expertise in frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Experience with backend technologies such as Node.JS/Express, Java/Spring, Python, Go
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and messaging solutions such as Kafka, Kinesis, SQS/SNS
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud services and architectures
- Attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or HCI/UX and 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience developing Single Page Applications (SPAs) and Progressive Web Applications (PWAs)
- Expertise in Python, C/C++ or Java
- Experience designing and building modern, accessible and delightful user interfaces
- Experience building and managing large-scale systems in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks