About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan and Providence, Rhode Island, and Grand Rapids, Michigan, navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software Engineering @ May
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software for our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, or building cloud infrastructure for our data processing, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
While our code base is primarily focused on C and Python, we welcome engineers from a variety of backgrounds as long as they are comfortable working in one of our primary languages or are willing to learn. Because safety and reliability are our top priorities, we have a very high bar for software quality, testability, and maintainability.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is responsible for building the tools and systems that support our roboticists, global operations, and platform teams. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier, increasing the efficiency and productivity of other engineering teams.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Build and expand libraries and APIs for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets
- Partner with our vehicle autonomy, operations, and platform teams to improve performance and address software needs across the organization
- Design, manage, and scale our real-time and historical data pipelines to keep up with the continually increasing data demands of our growing operations
- Write high performance, generic libraries to make our on-vehicle autonomy software as fast and scalable as possible
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Mastery of an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Experience designing, building, and expanding complex software systems with real-time and performance constraints
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 1+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python or C/C++
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks