About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market – low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Providence navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Opportunity and Role
Our people are our greatest asset in our mission to develop and deploy self-driving vehicles. We’re looking for a full-cycle Technical Recruiter who is proactive, curious, outcome-focused, data-driven and excited to partner directly with our team to help us attract the right talent to achieve our goals. This role will report directly to the Director of People Operations and will be responsible for executing on our hiring plan with a holistic and innovative approach as well as continuously striving to improve recruiting processes and up-level the team.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Engaging with prospects and candidates to ensure top-notch candidate experience through all stages of the hiring process, including passive sourcing, preliminary screening, interview coordination, candidate selection and offer process
- Partnering with hiring managers through understanding hiring needs, preparing interview teams, gathering interview feedback and generating offer letters
- Collaborating with the recruiting team to refine processes and improve data collection with a focus on candidate experience and metrics-driven hiring
- Performing continuous networking and pipelining to identify a broad and diverse external talent slate using a variety of channels, including recruiting events
- Providing thorough communication and updates to key stakeholders throughout the recruitment process and taking a consultative approach to supporting hiring needs
- Ensuring recruiting activities comply with all state/federal contractor requirements, our EEO policy and our core values
What Should I Bring?
- First and foremost, a passion and ongoing commitment to matching talent with business needs, established by at least 3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, including at least 1 year with an emphasis on technical roles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience required
- Direct experience sourcing (including using social media channels), screening and recruiting candidates
- Strong curiosity for our product, service and how our business works
- Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities
- Attention to detail - you don’t let anything fall through the cracks
- Exceptional communication skills
- Collaborative nature - you love sharing info and bouncing ideas off others
- Ability to be flexible and adapt when priorities shift unexpectedly
- Understanding of the importance of company values and culture in hiring
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
What’s In It For Me?
We don’t work for the same company for our whole career anymore; how will working as a Technical Recruiter at May Mobility make me a better version of myself?
- As a company, we are doing something that no one has ever done before: making a car drive itself. As a result, the people we are seeking to help us achieve this goal are a special type who enjoy pushing limits, solving hard problems and leaping into the unknown with a “We’ll make it work somehow!” attitude. You will work to fill roles that we’ve created ourselves, since they don’t exist in any other industry. And you’ll get to sell our inspiring vision to people who want to make a difference in the world through innovative technology.
- Recruiting can sometimes feel like an external resource to the business, order-takers instead of a strategic partner. Our Technical Recruiter is part of our People Operations team, whose mission is to guide, empower, inspire and support the May Mobility team towards our vision of transforming transportation. By being a part of the People Ops team, a core strengthening force in the company, our hope is for you to become more involved in learning about the inner workings of the business and bring recruiting to into a more proactive and consultative role.
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours