MaxRewards makes personal finance more rewarding. We are on a mission to unlock people's financial potential through automation and personalized insights.
Today, the MaxRewards app helps people unlock the full value of their credit cards. We automatically activate hidden credit card offers & perks, reveal the best card for every purchase and provide the most comprehensive aggregation of credit card accounts. In the past 12 months, our members have spent $7B and earned over $400M in rewards!
About This Role
We are looking to hire a talented Staff or Senior Software Engineer on our Bank Connector team. As one of our first 20 employees, you will have the opportunity to shape not only our products, but also our company and culture.
You will report to directly to our CTO.
What You Will Do
- Reverse-engineer financial institution websites and apps
- Create and maintain proprietary financial connectors using API-scraping, screen-less scraping and other scraping techniques
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code for financial APIs and backend systems
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distributed knowledge
- Help maintain the engineering wiki and other engineering resources
- Stay current with the latest security, reverse engineering and scraping technologies, processes and best practices and share your findings with the rest of the team
Who You Are
- Self-starter: You take initiative wherever you can and are very resourceful
- Creative: You think outside the box and are constantly experimenting with new techniques and approaches
- Team player: You work well in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communicator: You have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Fast learner: You pick up and apply new concepts quickly
- Security conscious: You appreciate the sensitive nature of the data we handle and incorporate security best practices in your code and behavior
What You Have
- At least 4 years of professional experience with cryptography, fingerprinting and proxies
- At least 4 years of experiencing reverse-engineering applications and scraping
- At least 4 years of experience building applications on Node.js
- At least 4 years of experience deploying applications on AWS
- Strong understanding of building highly secure applications
Our Tech Stack
- React Native
- $140K–$180K base salary + 0.1% – 0.5% in equity compensation based on skillset and experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance with 90% of your premium covered by us
- 401(k) match with 100% match up to 6%
- Unlimited PTO
- Height-adjustable desks
- 27” Dell UltraSharp 4K monitors
- Stocked fridge and snacks
- Frequent team dinners
We are based in Atlanta, Georgia, and have preference for local candidates. However, we are ultimately looking for the best candidate and this position is open to anyone in the US.