Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher, and is consistently one of the fastest-growing, making the Inc. 5000, SF Business Times’ Fast 100, and Deloitte Tech Fast 500 lists for the past five years in a row.
Modus Games is a new label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company culture values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a QA Lead.
The QA Lead is responsible for overseeing our internal and external testing efforts for multiple concurrent titles, maintaining the quality of our defect reporting systems, and ensuring that each title passes through first party approvals successfully.
This position is full time and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
- Coordinate with external QA teams on multiple concurrent titles
- Manage and delegate tasks to internal QA Testers on all titles
- Write and review test cases and test plans
- Coordinate testing schedules and QA budget with Producers
- Aggregate and generate actionable pieces of quality-related feedback
- Review and generate end-of-day reports for title
- Review and assess compliance reports from 1st party licensors (Sony, MSFT, Nintendo, etc.)
- Personally perform compliance and functionality testing
- Quickly communicate significant blocking issues to Producers
- Triage bugs, and enforce quality standards for bugs in the database
- Ensure bugs are written properly
- Ensure proper workflow is being followed
- 4+ years total QA experience
- Experience with a bug tracking solution (JIRA / DevTrack / Hansoft / Bugzilla / etc.)
- Experience with console platforms (X1 / PS4 / Switch / etc.)
- Experience with build deployment software
- Experience managing an internal QA team
- Experience managing external contractors
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office
- Fits the Maximum Games Team Profile
- Compliance testing experience highly desirable
- Great written and communication skills
- Experience with JIRA strongly preferred
- Passion for video games
- As part of the application process a test plan assignment will be requested. The test will arrive in your email after you submit your resume.
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.