Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher, and is consistently one of the fastest-growing, making the Inc. 5000, SF Business Times’ Fast 100, and Deloitte Tech Fast 500 lists for the past five years in a row.
Modus Games is a new label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company culture values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a Business Intelligence Associate.
This position is full time and will be based out of Maximum Games headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
- Turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive digital business solutions
- Understand the problems of collaborators and propose relevant analyses (whether exploratory, descriptive or predictive) that meet the needs and have the maximum possible impact
- Work alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish and prioritize business needs and objectives
- Identify and recommend new ways to create value and develop action plans to measure their impact
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Recommend and implement new KPIs across digital sales and marketing
- Create new processes, optimize, and standardize existing ones
- Leverage all available tools (Steamworks, Brand24, Google Analytics, etc.), and existing data (historical physical/digital sales, pre-order data, etc.)
- Market research and competitive research (e.g. ongoing analysis of games on Steam, Amazon, and other digital platforms)
- Analyze market trends and opportunities based on available public data
- Working with other departments to improve our data-driven decision making process
- Physical and digital sales data tracking and analysis
- Price analysis and optimization
- Comprehensive marketing ROI analysis
- Leverage data to create new benchmarks and forecasting models
- Create new dashboards and update existing ones
- Analyze data to drive optimizations, improve digital sales, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Accountability for accuracy of data and documents provided
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Self-driven and independent
- As part of the application process an Excel proficiency test will be requested. The test will arrive in your email after you submit your resume.
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.