Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher, and is consistently one of the fastest-growing, making the Inc. 5000, SF Business Times’ Fast 100, and Deloitte Tech Fast 500 lists for the past three years in a row. As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company culture values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success. Modus Games is a new label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for an Associate Brand Manager.
This position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and cross-functional marketing teams to position our products for success digitally and at retail under the Modus Games publishing brand. As an associate brand manager, you will work with developers, first party partners, external agencies, and internal teams to ensure that each game is presented in the best possible light and finds its audience in the broader gaming community. If you love games, have a mind for marketing, and know your way around a spreadsheet apply now!
This position is full time and will be based out of Maximum Games headquarters in sunny Walnut Creek, California.
- Define product objectives, strategies, positioning, value proposition, comp titles, messaging, and target markets.
- Conduct research and data analysis on customer demographics, competitive analysis, forecasting and sales trends for the overall game industry and various consumer segments.
- Work with the game production team to develop strategies, tactics, and communication calendars.
- Create marketing plans and post-mortem analysis of campaigns, as well as all activities surrounding the briefing, creation, and review of assets (primarily video and art) for specific titles.
- Manage allocated marketing budgets and internal budget communication with cross functional teams and accounting.
- Work closely with external creative agencies & internal art production teams to support development of marketing assets for delivery and distribution to internal and external partners.
- Execute marketing tactics in collaboration with community, events, creative teams, and various partners.
- Assist Sales & Biz Dev teams by developing sales-related tools, trade marketing proposals, correspondence, materials/reports, and presentations.
- Represent and advocate for your games and the Modus brand in meetings with PlayStation, Nintendo, Valve, Microsoft, press, and at trade shows.
- Be a fun, positive and scrappy member of the team and take pride in your work!
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or similar field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in marketing – preferably in the electronic entertainment space
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Self-starter, shows initiative and can work independently
- Internally motivated and constantly driven to improve
- Great attention to detail and highly analytical
- Creative minded and able to critique creative work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, motivated to improve efficiency and processes
- MS Office Suite skills - strong Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Video game industry experience preferred
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.