MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
We’re looking for the Frontend Developer of Our Dreams for the Messenger Squad. It might be you.
As a Frontend Developer - Messenger Squad, you’ll be part of the Messenger Squad which belongs to the Community division, which is the division responsible for everyone to grow and engage with their followers and responsible for both Messenger Squad and Social Squad.
Sure, MavTek looks good on paper. But we’re so much more
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 7 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Frontend Developer who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
Make your friends jealous with:
- 4 Day Work Week
- Competitive salary & vacation packages
- Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
- Generous referral program
- Extensive summer hours & flex time
- Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
- Beautiful office right near Namur metro
- Home office subsidy
- Remote work option
- Learning Assistance program
- Working alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
What your day to day life at MavTek looks like:
· Collaborate with the Product team to develop user-centric features
· Contribute to development estimations and support product delivery
· Creating automation to improve messenger "quality of life".
· Monitoring services, making sure everything is working and performing well.
· Deliver quality code, by conducting adequate automated testing
· Be accountable for performance, reliability, scalability, monitoring and resilience of at least one technical component owned by the squad in regards of SLAs
Enough about us, we want to know more about you
· Knowledge of CSS/SCSS/SASS.
· Excellent knowledge of cross-browser compatibility.
· You feel comfortable designing new features while managing older ones.
· Developing the standards of codes and libraries such that they are easily traceable in future.
· Being up to date with current trends and emerging technologies.
· Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
· You are proactive addressing potential problems before they occur.
· Good understanding of single page web application, partial page updates, and asynchronous request handling.
· Knowledge of SEO principles.
· You have strong communication and interpersonal skills; being empathetic and curious are key.
You’ll be Joining other MavTek Matches:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you're inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.